sitter created this revision.
Herald added projects: Dolphin, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kfm-devel, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  previously we'd not forward the errors coming out of the password dialog
  helper and instead eventually end up on generic access denied errors.
  seeing as the access denied is likely because we couldn't query auth info
  that is fairly misleading.

  checkPassword is now returning an error code instead of a bool. when we
  actually consider checkPassword an error we'll now raise this error
  instead of the generic access denied errors. when the user canceled
  the query we'll continue to raise the more topical error from smb (e.g.
  "access denied")

  primarily these errors appear when kiod/kpasswdserver is defunct
  or not installed meaning query functionality will not work at all.

TEST PLAN
  1. broken kiod
  2. remove dbus service file
  3. kill
  4. dolphin smb://host
  5. no auth query
  6. error about broken dialog

  1. cancel
  2. repair kiod
  3. dolphin smb://host
  4. auth query
  5. cancel
  6. auth query
  7. cancel
  8. error about access denied (because refused to authenticate)

REPOSITORY
  R320 KIO Extras

BRANCH
  Applications/19.08

AFFECTED FILES
  smb/kio_smb.h
  smb/kio_smb_auth.cpp
  smb/kio_smb_browse.cpp
  smb/kio_smb_mount.cpp

To: sitter
Cc: kde-frameworks-devel, kfm-devel, iasensio, fprice, LeGast00n, MrPepe,
fbampaloukas, alexde, GB_2, Codezela, feverfew, meven, michaelh, spoorun,
navarromorales, firef, ngraham, andrebarros, bruns, emmanuelp, mikesomov