kmaterka added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in kstatusnotifieritem.cpp:790
> That's easy checkable
>
>   if (!qApp->closingDown() && (!d->menu->parent() || d->menu->parent() ==
> d->associatedWidget) {
>       delete d->menu;
>   }
>
> We should not own the menu, that's not tight approach at least.

This check is not reliable, assosiatedWidget can change. Anyway, this doesn't
matter here.
Did you read whole comment? Probably KSNI should not own the menu but it is
doing that for 10 (more?) years. It is even documented in the API.
Your idea will not fix the main issue, we can't set a parent to menu in
KDEPlatformSystemTrayIcon. Main purpose of this hack is to prevent deletion of
menu when it is *not* possible to set parent.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications

To: kmaterka, #frameworks, davidedmundson, broulik, nicolasfella
Cc: anthonyfieroni, kde-frameworks-devel, LeGast00n, GB_2, michaelh, ngraham,