Le 09/05/2017 à 11:16, Colm O hEigeartaigh a écrit :
> OK, seeing as we don't bundle them by default, then IMO we don't need to
> include them in the NOTICE file. Emmanuel, can you confirm?
Everything that is not bundled does not have to be into N&L files.

If there is no way a user can grab the sources and generate a package
from those source that contain this bundle, then there is no need to
have the N&L file in the source either. OTOH, if the user can grab the
source, build it to produce a package that will contain the bundle, then
we need teh N&L files somwhere so that they get added when the user
build the packaged. In any case, it should not be present in our source
package N&L.

To be very clear : there are two kinds of N&L files :
- those we include in our source or binary packages (if we provide some).
- those that get included when we generate some packages from the source
package (they are 'second order' N&L files)

The first category makes our package legit, teh second category protect
our users when they build their own package using our build system
(typically the 'dist' modules).

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com