** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: Canonical Kernel Team (canonical-kernel-team) => Seth Forshee
(sforshee)

  POWER9: Improve PMU capabilites

  == Comment: #0 - Breno Henrique Leitao <bren...@br.ibm.com> - 2017-02-23
11:27:50 ==
  Hi Canonical,

  In order to enable Ubuntu to read the PMU properly on a POWER9 system,
  the following commits are required:

      a2391b35f1 powerpc/perf: use is_kernel_addr macro in perf_get_misc_flags()
      78a16d9fc1 powerpc/perf: Avoid FAB_*_MATCH checks for power9
      8d911904f3 powerpc/perf: Add restrictions to PMC5 in power9 DD1
      356d8ce3d0 powerpc/perf: Use Instruction Counter value
      8a088542c8 powerpc/perf: Use PM_INST_DISP for generic instructions sample
      a114aca57a powerpc/perf: Add alternative event table and function for
power9
      ac19670eb1 powerpc/perf: Add PM_INST_DISP event to Power9 event list
      efe881afdd powerpc/perf: Factor out event_alternative function

  We need to have these patches in the kernel if we want to use perf,
  for example.