** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu Artful)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Bionic)

  retpoline hints: primary infrastructure and initial hints

Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  New
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in linux source package in Artful:
  New
Status in linux source package in Bionic:

  Tracking bug for the application of the retpoline hint tracking
  support.

  We are having terrible trouble with hints changing on every build.
  Upstream is moving to hinting those indirections which have been
  reviewed and are good.  This includes direct hinting of PVOPS and the
  like which are the ones which change all the time as new ones appear
  and dissappear.

  Backport the hint support and add our own bespoke checkers against
  this data.