On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:47:41PM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > So, what do I do? I simply prep from source
> > (rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec)
> > and then cd to ~/rpmbuild/BUILD/kernel-2.6.35.10-74/linux-2.6.35.i686,
> > copy my current kernel's config file to .config, run
> > make oldconfig and
> > male all
> > and that does it.
> > The new config file inherits my enabled drivers selections.
>
> >From the kernel spec:
>
> # Dynamically generate kernel .config files from config-* files
> make -f %{SOURCE20} VERSION=%{version} configs
>
> And Source20 is Makefile.config, from which with a bit of effort, you can
> determine the order in which the various config-* files are smashed
> together to form the end result .config files.
>
> I think this topic actually came up once in the past, and an idea to add
> an extra layer similar to the 'if rhel' clause in the spec was kicked
> around, but never came to fruition. In theory, that file would, if
> present, apply additional Kconfig changes from an additional overrides
> file. It could be an empty file by default, but obviously named or
> documented, so that anyone rebuilding could simply put their assorted
> additional config options in there, and they'd always be applied over the
> top of the stock config options.

Ha!  I can't believe the rhel stuff I added is still there.
We could probably mimic the old linux-kernel-test.patch which was a stub
patch to allow developers to quickly test their patches without mucking
with the spec file, but instead for config files (like the %rhel thing).

Now that I finally figured out how to use the fedpkg thing, I can actually
look at the spec file.

Cheers,
Don