On 01/06/2011 01:23 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> Yes, the idea is to overlay the changes on every flavor of kernel. In the
>>> standard released kernel rpmbuild for x86_64, you get kernel and
>>> kernel-debug, and we want the changes stacked on top of both of them. The
>>> for loop also makes sure its arch-agnostic.
>> Would this loop in the spec file do it?
>> .
>> .
>>     for i in %{all_arch_configs}
>>     do
>>       mv $i $i.tmp
>>       ./merge.pl %{Source1000} $i.tmp>  $i
>>       rm $i.tmp
>>     done
> Yep. In other words, use the exact same for loop that's already there
> inside the '%if 0%{?rhel}' clause, just without the clause and with the
> overlay file instead of config-rhel-generic. :)

Thanx Jarod.
I added the loop as you suggest (without the if conditional)
just after the if rhel conditional's endif

I also added it after the loop within the debuginfo  block.

It is building now. Will let you know.

Also, to Don Zickus:
I tried your suggestion of putting my local config (which resulted after
make oldconfig)
in ....SOURCES/config-i686-PAE
and ran rpmbuild.
It completely overwrote my configs!