On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 11:19 PM, José Ignacio <jose.cyb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It works great, both in inline and monolithic mode! one thing I
> noticed though is that the model output is not centered on the origin
> (the old exporter probably did this too), it would be nice if it was,
> as with the board i tested it was really far from the origin and it
> was annoying to center for rendering on blender.

The Export UI actually has a provision to specify an offset or to guess at
the board's
center. However, the setting is saved to the global settings rather than
local so it's
quite an annoying thing - that's my fault since I put that code in there. I
will check
again to make sure I'm not missing something and breaking the older
behavior.

Other options I would like to introduce to this and the IDF exporter are:
1. Use Drill Origin if available
2. Use Grid Origin if available

In my STEP converter I have the precedence user-origin < grid origin <
drill origin.
So if all are specified to be used, then the drill origin is used (if it
exists), followed
by the grid origin and finally the user origin if nothing else is specified.

- Cirilo

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 4:53 AM, Cirilo Bernardo