--- In [email protected], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:56:51 -0000
> "rodney.gray00" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> >    I am a new Kicad user and I am having problems printing accurate
> > layouts created in PCBNEW.  The printouts look to be very low
> > resolution which distorts both pads and traces to the point they are
> > not usable.  I am running Kicad SVN-R1198 under Ubuntu 8.04.  The
> > print preview shows the distortion also.  I am able to transfer the
> > board to my Windows box and it will print just fine.  I have been able
> > to work around the problem this way but it would be nice to do it all
> > from Linux.  Any help would be appreciated.
> 
> I don't use the print function in kicad but instead plot to ps and then
> print these files. This works fine.
> 
> Igor
>


Hi,
I use .ps files too. Don't forget to set the resolution in your .ps
viewer to something like 300 or 600 dpi. (I use XnView with
Ghostscript : the default resolution is 75 dpi, very poor results).

If you really want to print (rather than plot) maybe your printer
driver is not set correctly. But it's a better idea to plot.
If you are a kicad user (and not a developer or tester) I strongly
recommend to use a stable version, or at least, the current RC version
(2008 08 25 RC1b.tgz). You can download it there :
http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/
Regards
Remy.

Reply via email to