--- In [email protected], "Remy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], ad11977@ wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:56:51 -0000
> > "rodney.gray00" <rgray@> wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello,
> > >    I am a new Kicad user and I am having problems printing accurate
> > > layouts created in PCBNEW.  The printouts look to be very low
> > > resolution which distorts both pads and traces to the point they are
> > > not usable.  I am running Kicad SVN-R1198 under Ubuntu 8.04.  The
> > > print preview shows the distortion also.  I am able to transfer the
> > > board to my Windows box and it will print just fine.  I have
been able
> > > to work around the problem this way but it would be nice to do
it all
> > > from Linux.  Any help would be appreciated.

If you print to ps or pdf and it looks like
http://vkoeppel.free.fr/files/test_ps_print_output_cop.jpg i'd say I
got the same problem.

> > 
> > I don't use the print function in kicad but instead plot to ps and
then
> > print these files. This works fine.
> > 
> > Igor
> >

You're right, with the plot function things are way better.
But we can't plot different layers on one single page (usefull for
documentation purpose) or am I missing something?

> 
> 
> Hi,
> I use .ps files too. Don't forget to set the resolution in your .ps
> viewer to something like 300 or 600 dpi. (I use XnView with
> Ghostscript : the default resolution is 75 dpi, very poor results).
> 
> If you really want to print (rather than plot) maybe your printer
> driver is not set correctly. But it's a better idea to plot.
> If you are a kicad user (and not a developer or tester) I strongly
> recommend to use a stable version, or at least, the current RC version
> (2008 08 25 RC1b.tgz). You can download it there :
> http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/
> Regards
> Remy.
>

Victor


Reply via email to