--- In [email protected], "igor_plyatov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > Could someone please add the kicad document translation group to the > > about kicad credits. > > This is a meaningless because group is not a persona. > > > I feel that we deserve a mention for helping translate the French help > > files into English, even though the group does not now exist. > > I could collect a group of names if you want. > > But this is a good idea (to collect translator names). > > -- > Igor Plyatov >
Hi, That group was a group of real persons, they have a name. And it's a real door that has been opened to the world. If Kicad had not been translated, we would be just several tens or hundreds french users. At that time, nobody knew Kicad, and we were only hopeful... and enjoyed to use it because it was free, easier to pilot than a 747 or an A380... and a lot of things other people have appreciated. We have spend a lot of time to translate in different languages, I mean english, but spanish, brazilian portuguese and other too. Now, I think that the about window can stay in the current form, or can evolve to credits running on the screen, with many many people that have contributed. Jean Pierre will decide what is to be... and I already agree with him. Regards. Remy
