Andy Eskelson wrote:
> Ignore the warning a carry on.

I think it's dangerous to make users ignore warnings or errors.
It's very easy to miss a genuine one if you're already expecting
some non-zero amount of complaints.

> Modify the rules so that the warning is not generated.

That's rather sweeping as well. Furthermore, the rules get reset
each time you run eeschema, so the workflow would get rather
messy.

I wouldn't care so much about unspec pins, but it's also fairly
common to spread a high-current output over multiple pins, and
this also gets us conflicts. A similar case would be multiple
power sources in a serial or parallel configuration.

One solution may be to have a list of known exceptions that are
then ignored. I just posted a proof of concept implementation to
the kicad-devel list.

An example of such an exception file is here:
http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/gta02-core/gta02-core.erx

Using component references and pin numbers gives use very fine
granularity. I.e., one can silence precisely the one error that's
not an error, without affecting anything else.

- Werner