Agreed that's the problem with warnings... as you say it's the same with
the compiler errors some systems generate. I must admit that once or
twice I've given up on some software due to it generating so many
warnings that I simply could not be bother to sift through the error file
to find the real problem.

The visual indication of a user pin is a good idea, I suppose the obvious
choice would be colour and / or shape. Colour is not over used in
eeschema so I think I would lean more to than than shape.

Andy