Hi Karl;

With regard to the .odt file, drat... I'll have to look into that.

Next, some background.  I like KiCad.  I teach at a University and am working
on this documentation project under a small grant.  It is understood that my
work will produce things that are free or open source.

My first reason for writing the tutorial is to scratch my own itch.  I hope to
have students use KiCad.  An earlier comment confirmed my suspicion, that such
a tutorial is needed.  The other reason is to give back to the KiCad community,
thank you everyone.

With regard to copyright, do you have any opinion?  That first, incomplete
draft doesn't have a copyright notice, so the default legal rules apply.  The
next version should have some kind of a copyright notice.  Given the screen
shots and closeness to the application, I need to learn about how the existing
KiCad documentation handles the issue.  So, in a nutshell, I'm working on it.

Best;
Jonathan