I think this is at least part of my problem trying to build from 4.8 branch on both my home Gentoo system and a VirtualBox Kubuntu 16.10. I know I have enough of qt5 installed, as I have successfully compiled from git head. I'm pretty sure I have enough of qt4 installed, but it seems that the qt5 stuff is found in preference to the qt4. I got the cmake to complete successfully by first doing EXPORT QT_SELECT=4. However, when I then do "make" it fails with a complaint about a moc file being compiled with 5.6.1. when it should be 4.8.7. I'm hoping there is some other environment variable I should set before doing the cmake, or perhaps something I can add to one of the CMake files.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack