I'd be ok testing Jonathan's suggestion of moving to Passed QA directly
for for bugs with'string change' or 'trivial' complexity.
QA and RM could still reset to 'Needs signoff' for a second opinion when
they feel it's needed.

I think the patch complexity can only be set after developing a patch -
so making it mandatory might not work as a technical solution here.
Maybe we can encourage the use of the field a bit more?

Currently for most of the patches in the 'Needs Sign-off' queue the
patch complexity is not set - so it's hard to tell how many patches this
change would affect.

Katrin