Hi Tomas,

we rely heavily on the described behaviour to hide the record if all items are hidden. It seems logical to me - what will a user do with a record, that has no items? They can't place a hold, they don't know where to find it, which library owns copies etc. To me it seems more confusing then helpful.

I think we shouldn't change the behaviour, especially because it has always worked like described and libraries might be unpleasantly surprised by a sudden change. Having the different behaviour as a configuration option would make sense.

Katrin

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Juli 2017 um 14:41 Uhr
Von: "Tomas Cohen Arazi" <tomasco...@gmail.com>
An: koha-devel <koha-devel@lists.koha-community.org>
Betreff: [Koha-devel] OpacHiddenItems behaviour | Bug 10584
I noticed (what I consider) a weird behaviour on OpanHiddenItems. It is effectively described on the commit message introducing it:

    Bug 10584 - Hide OPAC biblio details if all items are hidden

    If there are items for a given biblio number, and they are all
    hidden, then biblio needs to be hidden. If the biblio needs to
    be hidden, it immediately redirects to a 404.pl page, just as
    if the biblionumber does not exist.

Is this a desired behaviour? Should biblios be hidden if all items they contain are marked to be hidden?

I think there might be specific use cases in which this could be useful, but definitely something we should provide a way to opt-in/out

I'm looking forwards for your opinions!
Thanks!

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi