On Jul 4, 2014, at 10:43 PM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomasco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eric, the problem seems to be MySQL 5.6, I haven't got through a detailed
> review (I don't have it for testing right now) but there are several changes
> since MySQL 5.5, notably several default configurations and other backwards
> incompatible changes [1].
>
> I recommend that you downgrade to MySQL 5.5, or better install on top of
> Ubuntu LTS/Debian Wheeze. I recommend Ubuntu 12.04 Server. And follow the
> official instructions [2].
>
> Also, I'd like you to fill a bug in our tracker http://bugs.koha-community.org
> Name it something like 'Webinstaller fails to load sql data on MySQL 5.6'.
> Please paste the errors you saw, not all of them, but a representative
> example.
>
> Hopefully we can find a solution for this. Unfortunately not everyone might
> be interested as the vast majority of the devs, so please be patient, or ask
> for advise on the bug itself if you want to provide a fix yourself.
>
> [1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html
> [2] http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

Alas, I can not afford to downgrade MySQL nor find an additional operating
system. Instead, I have installed Koha version 3.16.01 on a machine with MySQL
5.1. Tomorrow I will dump the initialized database and import it into MySQL on
a different machine where I plan to run Koha for “real". Wish me luck. I’m
making progress.

And, I will file a bug report.

—
Eric Lease Morgan