Hi Bill

It was Colin Hales. His was an unmodified KR2 with a Jab 2200. His and also
Ken Atkinson's G-BVIA (with a Hapi engine) were only cleared for 950lbs odd
MAUW because of the tendancy to get close to the aft limit on the cofg range
when fully loaded.
This, in practice, limits them to single seaters in the UK. So our mod of
adding 6" to the front and moving the pilots forward as well was supposed to
address that, and in fact we have been provisionally allowed 1100lbs pending
flight testing.
All may change with the 3300!

Peter

Does Colin, and I can't remember his second name. have the 6 inch extension
in the KR2 he flew to Australia and then around GB?