From: "Mark Langford via KRnet" <krnet at list.krnet.org>
To: "KRnet" <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:51:05 PM
Subject: Re: KR> Pilots and Builders

Sid Wood wrote:

 >> Ok, excellent suggestion on building the airplane to the forward end
of the cg limit.  Just exactly how does one do that?  And still follow
the plans? <<

There's an adequate page in my 1990 KR2 plans (page 114) that shows how
to do the weight and balance, and an example on page 115.  That defines
where the correct range is, although it's an accepted fact in the KR
community that the last 2" of the 8" range should be avoided (to put it
diplomatically). What the plans does NOT address is how to get there,
but clearly it means shifting the heavy stuff around in whatever fashion
is required to put the plane in the safe range, whether pilot and fuel
only or fully loaded with  passenger and baggage (or whatever
configurations are at the extremes of forward and aft CG).

Moving the engine forward is the most obvious way to get the CG forward,
and spacers under the mount,