Hi Ya Jeff

I reckon it's bit more complex than just moving the wing.  As a weight
alone, moving the wing back away from the CoG increases weight on the tail
for sure. To this extent Mike was correct in his comments on 10th May about
moving the wing forward to offset the tail heaviness.

However, the centre of lift is also moved backward which could act
aerodynamically to counteract this which I think is what Sid was getting at.

The extent to which these two interact and are then influenced by the other
two vectors of thrust and drag is what ultimately determines whether the
nose or the tail hits the ground first and whether the elevator has the
authority to control it before it happens.

Sid has added 49 lbs at about say 24" in front which suggests he has about
say 20 in the tail at about 60". It may well be those elevator weights are a
significant part of the problem.

It all seems academic now. Sid will either fly or he won't.

Cheers John

John Martindale
29 Jane Circuit
Toormina NSW 2452