I'm new here so why wouldnt I believe the 27 number. Mark could have been
flying a prolific number of hours and for decades. As experimental
builders/operators, the idea is to try new engineering ideas. I have friends
who have run into issues with fueling, cooling, you name it.  I think it's more
important to position ones self for successful unanticipated landings than to
hopelessly believe they cant happen. Considering the great job mark did in his
Bean field visit, 26 priors for practice doesnt seem totally unrealistic!  ;)