Chris Prata said,

> "As to Mark's 27 forced landings, well, wow. But then again he has lots
(!) of hours so how many hours between forced landings? and these are
*experimental* planes, made to learn with."

If Chris can take that seriously I guess others can too.  Sheesh.  If I
had said 37 or 47 would it have worked better?  For the double digit
crowd out there please know using exagerration is a common and sometimes
amusing way to make a point but when you have to explain it it's not
funny anymore.   Bad judgment on my part and probably bad humor as well .
. . I can read it and smile though so clearly I'm warped.

For the record I have no idea how many forced landings Mark has had.  No
more or less than anybody else who flies Experimental airplanes.  Since
he advertises his misfortunes so that we may learn from his experiences,
clowns like me can come along and exagerrate things for amusement.
Sorry!!

******************

I learned in reading an article on the subject years ago that one of the
earliest signs in detecting Alzheimer's is the inability to understand
irony.   Also lost by early Alzheimer's candidates is the capacity to not
take seriously things which are obviously and outrageously untrue, simply
because they are said in a serious manner.  People in the early and later
stages of Alzheimers would be able to watch an episode of Laugh In and
not have the slightest idea why the audience thinks what Goldie Hawn or
Rowan and Martin are saying is funny.

Chris is going to hate me now.  Probably others too.  I'll put myself on
restriction if you want.  Probably a good idea.  I've been bad.

Mike
KSEE

Want to place your ad here?
Advertise on United Online