> "Don't even get me started on the mag versus electronic ignition
debate..."

What debate?

The advantage of having two, at least with my primitive litttle GP 2180,
isn't debateable.  If I turn one off I lose 100 RPM.  If one fails, the
engine will limp along at 100 less RPM but will continue running.  I much
prefer limping along with 100 less RPM than making a forced landing.

I use the word primitive since I would get much more efficiency and power
if I had dual FADEC systems that constantly monitor all the variables and
provide spark at precisely the right instant no matter what the altitude,
temperature, hemisphere, time of day or pilot's mood.

Mike
KSEE

Best Credit Cards Of 2015
http://www.nextadvisor.com/images/uploads/Gold-Chip-75x75.jpg