At one time I had a do all one switch, and it had a momentary failure in
flight.  I bet my heart did not beat again until the plane came back to
life.  I landed and replaced the switch and immediately modified the plane
to install a high grade switch for the Ignition only( Battery 009 ).  If you
were to have a short in the system that could start a fire, the only way to
stop the fire would be to stop the engine.  I don't think it is the best
option.   On most commercially built aircraft they even isolate the
communications equipment so that system shorts can't harm the radio's.

Orma
Southfield, MI
KR-2  N110LR  1984
See Tweety at http://www.kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com