Mark Jones wrote:

> I have now flight tested this battery and DO NOT recommend it any longer.
Mark
> Langford, I suggest you remove yours and replace it as well as anyone else
> who may have one.

Hmmmm.  My flight test doesn't match your flight test.  My battery is
mounted on the cabin side of the firewall, and I think yours is on the
engine side.  I inspected mine today, and it still looks perfectly new.  Of
course mine might explode at any minute.  Given that the engine side (on my
airplane anyway) is about 80 degrees hotter than the cabin side (not
counting radiation), I'd say I might have a bit of margin left in my case.
Thanks for establishing the upper limit for me though, Mark!  For now I
think I'm good to go, but might look into a regulator that's a little
smarter than the one I have now.

I basically stripped the whole top off of mine today, removing cowling,
forward deck/canopy, and aft deck, so I can do some overdue maintenance.
It's supposed to be crappy for the next few days, so it's a good time for
that sort of thing.  Little stuff like moving the static port (again),
adding a fuel totalizer, making the fuel system totally redundant, and
mounting the auxillary display to my panel for my laptop.  It brought out
all the hangar hounds from around the airport for a look.  "Field stripping"
makes maintenance pretty easy.  See
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/05102208m.jpg ...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford