At 11:21 AM 1/21/2006, you wrote:
>After reading all the plans emails, the overall message
>seems to be.
>    If you purchase a project:
>1/  Attempt to transfer the serial no. to your name.
>2/  If no 1 fails then purchase a original set of plans
>        with serial no from RR.

Or if option #1 and #2 fail, option #3 is to go ahead and build the dang thing.

In the U.S., the fed's don't care who or how much you paid someone
for the plans, if they are registered or not, how many aircraft were
built from them, etc. and the insurance company could give a hoot
either.  If you are planning to use a "non-aircraft" engine most
insurance companies won't talk to you anyway.  You will most likely
register the aircraft with your name and pick any number you like.
I registered my as a "Larry Flesner" built and used the serial number
of the plans for the A.C. serial number but I could have used my
social security number or just the number 1 if I wanted.  Mine is
registered as a "KR 2 Modified".  I wanted to make the changes I made
obvious in case something ever happened the entire KR design would
not be questioned.

Do you best to comply so your conscience is clear and move on with life.

Larry Flesner