Jeff,
     Just an opinion from an old timer with about 1800 hours in
experimentals............Don't do it.......Besides it being an FAA
requirement that you be checked out in kind and type, you will hurt
yourself or tear up 10 years worth of work.....
     Little airplanes don't fly like big airplanes..My Mustang and my
Cassutt would both snap in stall recovery if you over controlled
them. I have a high time aerobatic friend who flies a Super
Decathalon. He over controlled a stall recovery at 6000 feet and went
thru 2000 before I finally took the controls and got us straight and
level again. Keep in mind this is a pilot who did't get disoriented
being upside down, just everything he did magnified the problem.
The guy that bought my Cassutt was a 737 Captain that thought he knew
everything. he tore it up and hurt himself in less than a week.
     The experimental ranks are full of some of the most helpful people in
the world. Find a short coupled two place and get some dual before
you try this..............Bobby