I have a chance to purchase a run out c-85 when the time is up on the engine
next year.I would like to purchase it and have an a&p do a 0200 conversion so I
can keep the engine certified.Also I will use the high compression pistons.I
know this will not be cheap.Has anyone ran this c-85/0200 conversion?Am I just
spitting in the wind?I am currently building a VW 2280cc.I already have $2500
in the case,crank,and rods.When I finish I will have about $8000+ in this
engine.I'll probably sell it.Don't ask why it's costing so much.I have some
rare parts in my engine.By the way I have been building aircooled type1's since
1995.I would like any and all advice on the conversion please.
Ben Mosley
ben_2...@yahoo.com
if you'd like,respond directly