Dan,

I'm not sure I completely understand why at higher speeds your wing
angle of attack will be less. If you are trimmed for level flight at
150MPH going to 180MPH should only require a small amount of trim
adjustment (less than 1 degree I think)

I truly believe that an AOA of 2.5 degrees at the root with 3 degrees
washout is more than sufficient for AS series airfoil. I had a
conversation with Langford about this and his airplane has slightly less
AOA at the root and he wished he just a bit more for high altitude
flights. Or actually I believe it was because I fly at such a high
altitude that I needed more. I'd have to look at my archives but I'm
sure that was the jest of our emails.

Hope this helps.

Fred Johnson
Reno, NV