Yeah you could say so.. :-)  When I bought the plans, I was going to
build a KR2-S, and an A&P gave me this project I just sold.... when I
sat in it, I realized I'd  have to cut the boat and make it bigger if I
was to ever fly with a passenger larger than a puppy.

The Coot looks interesting, but the air car is HUGE !! Yes, 4x the money
at least... hey, its 2100 # empty so I figure that's 4x the materials of
the KR2...

I'd like to apply some of the time savings from the Coot (composite
hull) to the air car. I understand the air car as done in the plans is a
very time consuming wood hull with complex structures...

-dave