From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Bob Lee
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:31 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Venturi on a KR2S

KRheads,

It has been stated:  "I've been struggling to find a way to drive my vacuum
pump on my KR2S..."

In this day and age, why would you consider steam gages as something that
you want on your KR?

There are many options for electrical substitutions for steam gages that
would give you a much better option to make your KR a light weight IFR
bird.  In my case I have installed dual alternators a preference over a
vaccume pump and a single alternator.  All electric gives you  much better
flexibility to keep important things working regardless of which power
source fails.  Don't think you need vaccume because they used to do it that
way.  What is the best way for you to get your KR on the mission you want it
on now?  That is the only thing that matters.

Regards,

Bob Lee
N52BL  KR2
Suwanee, GA