I can sympathise with Mike in one aspect - trying to do business with RR is
very frustrating.  I tried for several months with faxes, phone calls, etc.
and never got any response.  In the end I gave up and some time later I
bought a set of KR2S plans from a KRNet member who was selling his (genuine
and unused) set.

However, whether or not the plans are readily available from RR isn't
actually relevant.  They're the intellectual property of RR and RR can
choose to do whatever they want with them - including never selling them to
anyone.  That still doesn't make it legal for anyone else to violate the
copyright.  It's the same thing as if you refuse to sell me your car so I go
and take it.  You have no obligation to sell me your car and RR has no
obligation to sell KR plans.  If they decide to provide lousy service (which
was my experience), they're perfectly within their rights and if you or I
don't like that we are under no obligation to deal with them.  If that means
you then can't build a KR, that's the way it is.  It's not an excuse for
ripping them off.

Tony King
Brisbane Australia