If the prop has an aluminum hub to support the blades, I would not use it on a
direct drive VW.  5 knows failures of Warp Drive 3 blade props on direct drive
VW based engines, personal experience over 28 years.  Unclear wheather its
torsional vibration or simply overloading the crank because of the spinning
weight, or a combination of both.  The 3 blade Warp Drive 62" props weigh in at
about 13 lbs if memory serves.

During airboats years, I did run a Power Fin 3 blade on a stock 1600 cc pusher
for about 50 hours. The Power Fin  weighed 7 lbs. The big difference is in the
weight of the blades. Not enough running time to draw a conclusion.

Steve Bennett

ifly...@msn.com

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.