On 08/14/2009 07:30 AM, paley anderson wrote:
>     That
> being said , what are the chances of it aquiring it's certification
> by me ( a non- building owner ) ? Will I be wasting time and money ?
>          Dave Anderson

Hi Dave,
    You should have no problem getting the airworthiness certificate.
There is a good chance you can also get the Repairman's Certificate.
There is a bunch of info about this on the EAA website
<http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuilders/faq/How%20to%20get%20Your%20Repairman%20Certificate.html>
but the gist of it is:

*I am thinking about buying a 95% complete project from another builder,
will I be able to get a Repairman Certificate?*
The only person who is eligible for the repairman certificate for an
amateur-built aircraft is the "primary builder". However, there is no
official FAA definition of "primary builder" so it will be up to the FAA
inspector who accepts your application to determine if you meet the
requirement or not. This is done through an interview process that
includes a review of the aircraft construction records. If you are able
to convince the FAA inspector that you are indeed the "primary builder"
and that you have the requisite skill necessary for determining whether
the aircraft is in condition for safe operation, you may be deemed to
meet the eligibility requirements and will be issued the repairman
certificate. But if the project is substantially completed when you
purchase it, you might find it difficult to convince the FAA that you
are indeed the "primary builder".

fyi

-Dj

--
Dj Merrill - N1JOV
Glastar Sportsman 2+2 Builder #7118 N421DJ

"Many things that are unexplainable happen during the construction of an
airplane."  --Dave Prizio, 30 Aug 2005