From: krnet-bounces+larry=lebanair....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+larry=lebanair....@mylist.net] On Behalf Of Barry
Kruyssen
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:14 PM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: RE: KR> Tail wheel/rudder interconnection

Hi Dan

With regards to your wheel alignment.

Never, ever should you have toe out.  TOE OUT IS BAD.
Let me explain (from what I know), a small amount of toe in is required as
when the vehicle is moving forward, any movement (give, spring) in the
suspension (and steering on cars) will result in the wheels pivoting
backwards (every so slightly) and thus the wheels will end up parallel which
is where we want them.

Now with toe out you will find that the vehicle will veer (dive) left or
right and when you correct it, it will over correct.  In cars (where I have
most of my limited experience in wheel aligning) toe out makes it hard to
drive a car straight on very smooth flat road, the car keeps wanting to
wander.

Having a toe in of zero will most likely result in toe out when the vehicle
is moving forwards.

Too much toe in will scrub the tyres causing unnecessary wear.

For more detail see may email in the archive
http://www.maddyhome.com/krsrch/index.jsp dated 13 Feb 2008 and from
k...@bigpond.com.

My one cents worth (down from 2 cents due to the recession).
As per normal, your results may differ and I'm no expert.

Regards

Barry Kruyssen
k...@bigpond.com
http://athertonairport.com.au/kr2