I like this group and most of the posts on this site.

But lets call BULLSHIT BULLSHIT.

Dan did you get your tailwheel endorsement from your instructor?  From what
I  have read on the net about your accident it had nothing to do with your
tail wheel/ rudder control.  But a gust of wind.  If you think about it
there were several hundred hours on that plane with no other issues.  It is
sad that you choose to put your thoughts about the accident on this net.

IT PISSES ME OFF THAT YOU THINK THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE TAILWHEEL/
RUDDER WHEN YOU DID NOT HAVE MORE THAN 4 TAKE OFF AND LANDINGS IN THAT PLANE
PRIOR TO GOING TO THE GATHING.  YOU NOW CHOOSE TO FREAK OUT ALL OTHER PILOTS
ABOUT THE TAILWHEEL CONTROL, AND ACCORDING TO ALL THE REPORTS ABOUT THE
ACCIDENT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACCIDENT.   I RECALL AN E-MAIL ABOUT
THE FIRST FLIGHT OR TWO THAT YOU HAD IN THAT PLANE, THAT ENDED UP IN A
REPAIR.

I am not picking on Dan in this E-mail, but I was told that I needed to
change my retracts when I purchased my plane.  I have landed on a GRASS
strip, a GRAVEL strip and off taxied off the runway at OSHKOSH and didn't
get stuck or have the gear colapse. If you want to fly a KR1 or a KR2 or a
KR2S, build it, fly it and have fun.

I did get my tailwheel endorsement prior to getting in my plane.  I did not
have any KR time prior to getting into my plane.  My first flight/landing
ended up 180 degrees to take off and going under telephone/cable wires.  ( I
can give the full story at the camp fire)  but the bottom line is that it
was not meant for this web site.

With your post, your thoughts about your flight, all that will influence
what others will think about the plans of the airplane.  There is nothing
wrong with the KR or the plans.  I feel your comments are unwarranted on
this site right now.  When you have more time in a KR and have an Educated
opinion then you should share it, and post your proven changes to the KR
plan as well.

Lee Van Dyke
flying 'Snakebite' over 300 hrs
N420LV