"If there ARE other A&Ps reading  & 'using' this net we need to start
monitoring this net a bit more closely  and offering our advice to our fellow
builders (and pilots, also, for that  matter.)"

Forgive me while I respond to two posts with one reply. Like Jeff's response I
am also an A&P and did actually make my living for a year and a half turning
wrenches on GA airplanes. Loved the work hated the lack of money. One of the
problems with your suggestion is that in that year and a half I met more than
one A&P that had absolutely no business having a wrench in their hand, I even
know an IA that falls into this same category. Quite an eye opening experience
for me. Also like Jeff when I see a response that I feel strongly about I will
usually respond directly to the sender. This may rob others of my particular
opinion but that is just what it is.
As far as the aileron attachment was concerned I installed my nut plates on the
back of my spar with small #4 x 1/4" wood screws and then floxed over the heads
on the screws and ears of the nut plate. This eliminated the head of a rivet on
the other side or the need to counter sink the spar or add a strip of nut
plates riveted to a separate piece of metal. But it accomplishes the same thing
and that is to provide shear resistance to the nut plate. I also put my screws
on 4" centers instead of 6" centers.
And personally I thought the tube pinching ideas were not just good but
obviously "airworthy".
One last thing, I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff for the first time at last
year's gathering. He is no idiot and I have incorporated his suggestion into my
airplane.

Stephen Teate
Paradise, Texas

The information in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient,
you should delete this message.  Access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized, and any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken or omitted in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.