Pat

Yes, I am sure that the geometry of the side stick or any location for
a stick would play heavily on the sensitivity of the control of the
plane.  But from what I notice on Don's design was that there was not
enough room to allow the geometry of that installation to be improved.
 I have had a VeriEze and of coarse they have a side stick and it is
not that sensitive.  I liked it very much.  And yes, the geometry was
set up correctly.  It had the needed room for that installation.

But my suggestion was simply that for a person starting out.  I would
suggest a stick coming up from the floor.  And on KR2S I am sure that
it would not be as sensitive as on a regular KR2.  Just thinking of
safety.  Would you not shoot for something safer to start with.
Experience is a great instructor and educator.

Greg Martin