Larry Flesner wrote:
<< The general "side stick" setup has your arm laying on an arm rest and you
move the stick with wrist action.  >>

Greg Martin wrote:
<< I have had a VeriEze and of coarse they have a side stick and it is
not that sensitive.  I liked it very much. >>

There's a point here that needs to be made regarding KR sensativity.  It is
pilot induced in one of two ways:  First, from my very limited time at the
stick of a KR2 I found it initially almost uncontrolable in pitch.  As soon
as Marty Roberts took the stick back it was dead smooth.  On my second
attempt I held my elbow against my side and meerly thought about moving the
controls without actually making control movements and things were much
better.  Most of us that learned to fly in Cessnas and Pipers are accustomed
to significant control movement and control force.  A KR is just different,
not better not worse, but different.  If you get some dual time in a KR you
will quickly figure out what it needs to be controlable.  In a VariEze there
is an armrest to plant your elbow on which makes flying the Eze easy.  Bob
Muse Sr. had a center console in his KR2 for this very reason.  It's just
easier to fly a KR if your elbow is not part of the control system.  Second,
you must insure that you are in the proper CG range to keep yourself safe.
Most will agree that the front half of the published CG range in the plan is
the safe operating area to make a good flying KR.

The best way to wander through the hype about KR sensativity is to ask
someone that has several hundred hours on his KR how it flys.  To a man they
will all say great.  Most of the horor stories are from builders/pilots that
never figured out how to fly a KR safely.  Enough from me for now, I'm back
to the basement to work on my KR!

Regards,

Bob Lee
N52BL  KR2