Perhaps I should point out that the main reason I did the single bolt thing
was so I could eliminate that unsightly at the WAFs and not have to access
the nuts, although it is also the optimal way to do it (not that the single
shear method hasn't worked just fine for 100% of the KRs built to date).  I
just have two small holes in the front of the wing's leading edge that allow
a longer socket head cap screw to be inserted into the WAF and tightened.
This sounds great, until you realize that you have no access to the WAFs
other than those two tiny holes (the rear ones are more easily accessed
while my split flaps are down).  So getting it all set up properly is akin
to building a ship in a bottle, and it easily killed a week of my "vacation"
sorting all of that out.  Although inspection is just about impossible
without removing the wings, checking WAF torque is a five minute affair.

Yes, I used aluminum spacers.  7075 or 2024 tubing (or bored from a bar)
would be best, but I used some pretty thick wall 6061-T6.  And I "JB Welded"
the tubing in between the OUTBOARD WAFs, obviously, not the stub wing WAFs.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and do something about a webpage
detailing all of that stuff I did on my "summer vacation"...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com