I have been around this thing for a long time and this subject keeps coming
up.  I think that the consensus is that the single bolt, with spacer, is the
way it should be done.  However,  I will bet that there are at least as many
done with a bolt in each attachment as there are with the single bolt and
spacer, and in neither case, has there been a wing failure at the
attachment.  So in practice, it is most likely a mute point.

I use a bolt for each attach point, because getting a single bolt through
both, with a spacer in between, would be an impossible task on my plane,
unless I line bored the holes oversize.  The alignment must be perfect to
start with, or I think you will do more harm than good.  Also, some people
are just better at doing things like that, than are others.

Your results will vary.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2011 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN
There is a time for building and it never seems to end.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC