Replacing the two bolts with one longer one and a spacer replaces two bolts
in single shear (not the best) with one bolt in double shear, which is far
better.  Although I knew it already,  I relearned that lesson when I checked
my flaps after 930 hours and found the oilite bushings elongated and some
slop in the flap...because I'd used two short pins in each hinge rather than
one longer one (due to clearance reasons).  Simply replacing the two with
one longer one eliminated the slop.  All the spacer does in between two WAF
fittings is enable you to tighten the bolt up without pinching the WAF
fittings together and breaking some wooden stuff.  I did the single bolt and
spacer thing when I revamped my wing tips, added the gas tank, and put my
WAFs in double shear.  I guess I should conjure up a picture to show the
point...

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com