Try Arizona Battery

________________________________
From: Jeff Scott <jscott.pla...@gmx.com>
To: KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: KR> Battery

Dave,

I have used a motorcycle battery to crank my O-200 in my KR since it was new
(14 1/2 years now). I can't recall the exact model right now, but it's a very
common one used in many of the bigger bikes, so is readily available at all the
discount autoparts stores. I typically get 6 - 7 years service per battery. The
down side is that I do have to add water occasionally and I get some acid
damage to the paint on the belly from the venting acids.

I have a Odyssey PC-680 cranking the 160 hp O-320 in my home built SuperCub. If
it had fit without making major modifications, I would have converted the KR to
the Odyssey battery as well. I've only had the Cub flying for a few months, but
others using the Odyssey batteries in their RVs and GlasAirs have several years
of use on their batteries, so apparently they do have at least a few years
longevity.

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM
KR-2S N1213W