Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 at 3:33 PM
Cc: "Larry Flesner" <fles...@frontier.com>
Subject: KR> IFly

Netters,

I've been flying the IFLY navigation software on my IFly 720 for
several years now and love it. I've been wanting to move to a larger
screen for wider area coverage, especially now that I have in flight
weather and traffic with the ADS-B Stratux-flightbox that I purchased
at Oshkosh on their $150 special. Now they also have a $20 add on to
a VFR subscription that allows you to run their software on 4
devices. I checked around and found a 10.1 inch Android tablet at
Best Buy for $69.
(http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-10-1-tablet-32gb/5157700.p?skuId=5157700It
must have been on sale. It is now $99) It's a bit large for the KR
cockpit but I like it so well I'll make it work. It is quite bright
in all but direct sunlight. It has built in WIFI / GPS / Bluetooth
so it is wireless between the ADS-B and the tablet.

Anyone looking for a "cheap" naviation setup, a cheap Android tablet,
an $89 subscription, and a $150 dual band ADS-B kit will put you in
the pilot seat. IFLY is selling the dual band ADS-B unit fully
assembled and ready to plug and play for $200. You could have a
backup using your smart phone for no extra cost.

I think I'm going to like this setup as well as my fully pneumatic
tail wheel. :-)

Larry Flesner