Hi all,

Records of more rather light KR2s:

"FLIGHT REPORI' KR-2 Nl22MS
M . T . Sparks ...
I 've had it to 200 mph in shallow d ve
and it indicates 155 mph cruise at sea
leve l at 3200 rpm with a 52 x 4 6 Great
American prop and burns 4 galons . per
hour . Empty weight is 502 lbs "

"This really sharp KR-2 was built by Rom Garverick , 210
Margo Trail, Rome , Ga ., 30161 . It was constructed with
most of the Rand kits , including all of the preformed
fuselage parts . It was first flown on October 31,
1982 after 21 months construct ion time . Powered by an
1800cc VW engine and a 52 x 48 Warnke prop , it will
cruise at 135 mph at 3200 rpm . Stall, power off , is at
45 mph . Empty weight is 455 lbs."

"N31123 we ighs 463 lbs .
empty . It has been flown
at a gross we ight of 793 lbs .
Per formance at that high of
a gross weight on a 1700cc
engine is ma rginal . It normally
carries 12 gal . gas and
will cruise at an honest 140
at sea level ."

"FROM ROBERT PATLOVANY ,
6927 Heron i Houston , Texas ,
770 7 . . . . . " My KR- 2 , N5508N ,
now has 80 hour s o f f lying
time to its credit . My
empty weight came out to 4 9 3
pounds . That included an
1 8 3 4c c VW with turbocharge r ,
D i e h l C a s e , 2 0 amp alternator
, battery , a pane l full
 of unnecessary extras , plus
a Radair 360 Com . and Radair
2 0 0 Nav . a n d indicator . I
have t is  bird wired with
navigation lights and a full
panel of 17 circuit breaker s .
The empty weight also includes 5 quarts of engine
 il and a leg-breaking ,
heated pitor tube ."

"Fred Whitcomb KR-2. Still the lightest KR-2 around! 410 lbs. empty, that is
lighter than some KR -ls. F'red is using the "opera windows" now available from
R/R."

Henni