From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-boun...@list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Samuel Ajayi via
KRnet
Sent: Tuesday, 14 November 2017 3:14 PM
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Cc: Samuel Ajayi <soa...@hotmail.com>
Subject: KR> More follow-up

Apart from the KR2S folks, has anyone else replaced the wood spar with a
composite "I" beam. After several hours of going over the KR plans, I still
feel weight could be saved here. Though the build process is relatively simple,
the spar itself appears to be an overkill. Now, that isn't necessarily bad but
for an aircraft optimized for cruise on a small engine, every little bit counts.

Also, how much speed can the KR fuselage withstand in a dive. At what speeds
would the canoe become structurally unsafe ? I ask this because of the
gentleman replaced his O-235 with an O-320. Or was the fuselage beefed up in
advance for this engine upgrade.

Thanks all

--
Sent from myMail for Android