Samuel Ajayi wrote:

> ... how much speed can the KR fuselage withstand in a dive?

I've had N56ML up to 245 mph TAS in a shallow dive, with no problems
observed. Troy Petteway has done at least 235 in his stock built KR2,
and I believe Richard Shirley has also done 235 in his not-so-stock KR1.
My elevator is properly balanced, as well as the ailerons, neither per
plans (see website in signature for more on that).

And yes, the main spar is overbuilt, as was proven at an MVN Gathering
test several years ago.  You are welcome to design and build your own
main spar from CF, but you will add a lot more to your construction time
for that, and your butterflies will be much larger when you go full
throttle for your first flight.  But that's the way the envelope is
pushed out for the rest of us...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML "at" N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com