Stephen wrote:I believe this is true in Texas too but does vary from state to
state.

I know the feeling that you're talking about when a highway patrolman passes
you.  As a heavy haul trucker. I have pulled over dimensional Freight all over
the country. The maximum width is 102" in all states. It was 96"  back when
some of us were still in diapers. There are a couple exceptions for certain
commodities. As in round hay bales and farm equipment in certain states.
Maximum height is 13 ft 6 in east of the Mississippi. 14 feet west of the
Mississippi. With Ohio and Minnesota being the exceptions.  When I haul my
airplane to the airport.  I already have my route planned. As in  back roads.
Paul ViskBelleville Il.618-406-4705