If you want to thin vinyl Ester resin or epoxy resin.  You need to use MEK (
methyl ethyl ketone). Both Lowe's and Home Depot has and 1 gallon cans.  Ace
Hardware sells it in 1 quart cans.  MEK is a very good all-around cleaner also.
 One thing about MEK.  California has determined that it causes cancer. You can
use the substitute if that's all you can find but it will take longer to cure.
I had a few pin holes in my wing tank and ended up getting to the outside of
the leak. I put the tank under a small vacuum and sucked the resin in from the
outside and then flux the outside.

Paul ViskBelleville Il.618-406-4705